Re: High RPM

To: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: High RPM
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 19:51:33 +0100
Air leaks should lower the idle speed, since the standard tuning method
pretty-well results in the highest idle speed possible for a given throttle
opening.  Sounds more like there is a problem with the adjustment of the
linkages or throttle cable/pedal stop, or possibly you have a damaged
butterfly, which is preventing one or both butterflies fully closing.  You
should be able to adjust the idle speed right down so it won't run at all.

PaulH.