Re: Temp sender adapter/bushing/connector

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@prodigy.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Temp sender adapter/bushing/connector
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 11:52:15 -0400
Hate to be the bearer of sad tidings, but I was looking for one for over a
year before I found one. Even at the big Carlisle swap meet, I could not
find one. As to what it is called, I have no idea, except to call it a temp
sender adapter.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 10/22/00 4:30 PM, "Larry Hoy"
<larryhoy@prodigy.net> made the profound statement:

> On an early B series engine, in a car equipped with a capillary style water
> temperature gauge, there
> is a threaded adapter/bushing/connector (ABC) that screws into the head.  The
> sender then screws
> into this ABC.  I think the purpose of this ABC is to provide a machined
> shoulder for the sender to
> seat into.  Well as luck would have it, my ABC is broken.  I have searched the
> Moss catalog and
> cannot find this item.
>
> I have two questions:
>
> What the heck is that thing called?