Re: I smell GAS!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I smell GAS!
From: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:13:04 -0700 (PDT)
<SNIP>
> That is excately what I'm gunna do.  From the
> reponses I've gotten I pretty
> sure the adsorption cannister/vapor separator/pipes
> connecting are the
> culprit.  I intend to put the adsorption cannister
> back on with my original
> SUs (I'm gunna rebuild it) and sell the Weber.  This
> will take some time and
> money I don't really have so I'll have to live with
> the smell.  I'll post my
> results when the time comes.
<SNIP>

<WHISPERING MODE>

Psssst Jessie, I don't have money to play with right
now either, so I know where you're coming from. If
it's a cannister problem, go for the $3 fix: the $2
gas filter and three feet of 30 cents/ft fuel line,
and vent that tank out of the car. I haven't done this
myself on an MG, but I 'm sure you can look at it and
figure it out. If it's a leaky fuel tank or fitting,
fix it or quit driving it until you can. If you can
smell it, it can burn. We don't want anyone to get
dead. Why are we wispering?

<WHISPER MODE OFF>

jon

=====
77 MGB "Christine" slowly, but surely healing

58 Willys CJ-3B, the Killer-B

The saddest thing in the world is watching your father turn into your son. The
hardest thing in the world is to take care of him as well as he took care of
you. Love you parents while they're still healthy. - Jon Paulsen