Re: Weber vs SU

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber vs SU
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:40:20 EDT
In a message dated 10/26/00 6:28:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> And having said all that you did about Webers offering only marginal
> improvement, can you tell us why you do run Webers on your race car?
> Inquiring minds would like to know. <G>

Sure - logical question, I suppose.

I race a TVR with an original Mk 4 HRG crossflow head and 40 DCOE Webers, and
a Twincam that runs a lot of cam, 12:1 compression, a 7500 rpm redline, and a
pair of 45 DCOE Webers.

Those specific applications warrant the use of the Webers, while 99% of
street MGs do not.

Believe me, they were a right bitch to get jetted correctly, but once set up
properly, do offer more power and better fuel supply, in those specific
applications.

Bill S.