Re: update

To: "William Killeffer" <wtkilleffer@tn.freei.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: update
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 20:26:52 -0000
You must check for spark on all leads, if nothing else clip on a timing
light and hold it where you can see it flashing if you have to be in the
cabin to crank it over.  Check the plug lead order - 1342 anti-clockwise.
Check the points open just before TDC (isn't critical just to get it
running) with the rotor pointing to No.1 lead with No.1 cylinder on its
compression stroke (both valves closed).  If the plugs are dry and don't
smell much it could be insufficient fuel.  If they are wet it is flooding.
Should be dry but with a strong smell of petrol.  If you can smell petrol
with the plugs in you either have a leak or you have flooded it.

PaulH.