Re: Farina Magnette Site Revamp

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Farina Magnette Site Revamp
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 23:44:57 +0000
MGMagnette@aol.com wrote:

> I use Netscape 6 and it works just fine!

Unless you got a secret advance copy, I bet you are not using Netscape
6.  I will wager money that you are only using a preview release of
Netscape 6.

It really is important, especially when using wysiwyg HTML churners (and
*particularly* when using microsoft products), to check your web work
out on other platforms than the one running native on your machine.  I
have Netscape Navigator 3.04 (no need to go earlier than that these
days), Communicator 4.7x (whatever the latest release is) and a similar
run of IE versions on both my Mac and PC boxes.

It really can be embarrassing (not that embarrassment is the case here
:-) to have your site screw up badly for 10/20/50% of people who you
seek to attract to it.

If you will, liken it to selling a car that refuses to start when the
potential buyer wants to take it for a test drive... doh!

Eric
'68MGB MkII