Tire Pressure (No LBC)

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire Pressure (No LBC)
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:01:10 -0600
I have a situation with my 98 Dodge Truck tires that I'm hoping for some
help with.  Very basically, the sidewall of the tires say the maximum
inflation is 35 psi for the tire, but the placard on the door says to
inflate the tires to 42 psi.  The front tires are showing wear on the edges
from being run under inflated at 35 psi.  Does anyone know if it is safe to
inflate these tires to 42 psi?  They are Michelin tires and I can't find a
phone number or email address to ask them.  I found the Michelin web site,
but no reference to inflation beyond the side wall figure, also no contact
info.

TIA

Ken Waringa