Re: High RPM miss.

To: dmeadow@juno.com
Subject: Re: High RPM miss.
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:02:22 -0500
David,

Rotor failure as you described is exactly what happened to me. There
is a bad batch of rotors out there. Your experience brings the total
that I directly know of to 10. I went through 4 this year alone. Two
were Intersport and two were marked Lucas, but I've been told that
they all come from the same manufacturer. I have been told by two
suppliers that they've seen more rotor failures this summer than in
their entire LBC lives.  My first fix, as was yours, was to install
an old rotor, in my case, a 1963 unit with lots of miles on it.

I am told that NAPA sells a good replacement. Also, Peter C. at NOS
Imports  (nosimport@mailbag.com) sells a good replacement. I have
tested his, at it works great. I keep the '63 as a spare.

Jeff

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu