carb question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: carb question
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:47:48 -0700
This is bordering on off topic - but I'm having a cold weather starting
problem with another LBC that uses a dual Zenith-Stromberg setup with the
FASD - I think that means "fast action starting device" aka the auto choke.
It looks to me like these ZS carbs are not good cold weather starters.
These were just rebuilt carbs, car tuned, outside temperature still a warm
12 degrees F (car starts fine in the garage).

Am I correct in my assumption that SU carbs are better for cold weather
starting than Zenith-Strombergs? Comments from those who have made the
conversion? I have a pair of HS carbs lined up for a conversion, just need
to know if its worthwhile.

David