Re: Body work on MG

To: mgs list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Body work on MG
From: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 06:23:57 -0800 (PST)
Best for home use is rustolium (sp?) brush-on, but be
sure to wash the fish oil off the final primer coat
before top coating. If there's not rust to soak up the
oil, the top coat won't stick well, no joke. Dish
soap. $5/qt. Works fine for off-road and winter salt
use Jeeps, should be overkill for LBCs.

My understanding is POR 15 has nasty fumes. You need a
proper air system (positive pressure mask). The magic
formula to seal out rust, will also seal your brain,
liver, and/or lungs ;-]

jon

--- bill king <kingwj@del.net> wrote:
> My A is down to bare metal and posed for the big
> comeback.  I did not remove
> the body, just all the bolted on panels.  How about
> paint for the frame.  I
> see a product called POR 15 as a prep followed by
> their special $37 quart
> topcoat.  Anybody use this product or able to
> recommend another path to take.
> Any tech articles or links around refinish of
> aluminum?  Especially prepping
> for filler, prep for primer etc.  Any advice or
> disaster stories would be
> appreciated.  I checked my company's refinish paint
> site but they are too busy
> bragging about some kid driving an ugly car with 24
> painted all over it to
> actually put useful information on the site.  Thanks
> in advance.
>
> Bill

=====
77 MGB "Christine" slowly, with black cow catchers

58 Willys CJ-3B, the Killer-B

Enough's enough. Who cares who wins at this point, just quit counting. Better
yet, quit talking about it!

http://calendar.yahoo.com/