Re: Dual SU's vs. Weber Downdraft

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dual SU's vs. Weber Downdraft
From: Jon <a77mgb@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 06:14:33 -0800 (PST)
In any event, it would be advisable to use carb(s)
known to work and known to be jetted properly for
initial start-up and break-in of the new engine. You
don't want to be cranking it a lot trying to get it to
start up on that new cam; you need to bring it up to
higher RPM's quickly to bed it in. For the first few
hundred miles you don't want to be running rich. IMHO:
Go with what worked, then consider a change.

jon

--- Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Nov 2000 Nferre@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Should I keep the SU's (like my mechanic
> says)...or go for a single downdraft
> > Weber?  I am looking for someting that works well,
> gives reasonable mileage
> > (25 mpg) and is as maintenance free as possible.
>
> Personally, I would stay with the SU's.  The Weber,
> while giving less
> maintenance, also gives less 'spirited' driving
> IMHO.  If you do end
> up going with the Weber anyway, let me know, I may
> want some of your
> parts!
>
> --
> Aaron Whiteman - aaronw@wsu.edu - email with subject
> 'PGPKey' for pgpkey
>    RCW 19.190 notice: This address is located in
> Washington State.
>  My opinions are mine and do not reflect the views
> of the University.
> :wq

=====
77 MGB "Christine" slowly, with black cow catchers

58 Willys CJ-3B, the Killer-B

Enough's enough. Who cares who wins at this point, just quit counting. Better
yet, quit talking about it!

http://calendar.yahoo.com/