Re: Dual SU's vs. Weber Downdraft

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Dual SU's vs. Weber Downdraft
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 11:53:07 -0800
Charley seems to be convinced that any competent mechanic could easily
set up the carbs to run first time. I remain a little dubious, myself (if
only based on Murphy's Law). I guess you have to decide for yourself what
you are comfortable with. The SUs, I would think, are a little more
foolproof in that regard, and more likely to be within the competence
zone of an experienced MG mechanic... and then you say the Weber is not
running well, anyway...

Chris Thompson had this to say:

>Not to interrupt this fascinating repartee, but it does touch on a question
>that's been bubbling in the back of my mind.

[big snip]

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149