Re: Speaking of heater valves . . .

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speaking of heater valves . . .
From: "Richard Spurling" <hobbes@senet.com.au>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 18:06:58 +1030
> Since we're on that topic, and it is the beginning of winter, a little
heat
> in the car is appreciated.

Hang on - it's over 30C here today and getting hotter. Do you people the
other side of the median stripe have your season's reversed or something. It
must be something to do with you all driving around upside down.

Back on topic - I fixed a sticking heater valve by carefully working it
until it worked properly, then spending a lot of time messing with the cable
getting it both free and adjusted properly - adjustment is important. On the
other hand, these heater taps are pretty agricultural so replacement isn't
such a bad idea if it's sticking badly - the adjustment comment still
applies.

Cheers
Richard
'76 B with a heater that is far too efficient for an aussie summer

         Anne and Richard Spurling
 http://www.geocities.com/twisted-lines