Re: Brake pipes

To: fwp@ufl.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Brake pipes
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:35:42 EST
In a message dated 11/22/00 9:27:29 AM Eastern Standard Time, fwp@ufl.edu
writes:

> I'm hoping to put the brakes back on the B this week end. I have a new set
> of copper alloy brake pipes from MOSS and they come with these stupid little
> green plastic mounts that they say you "need" to use. I would like to use
> the original type mounting to fix the pipes to the body. Anyone have

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I installed the copper alloy brake pipe set about 18 months ago on my Midget.
 I saw those green plastic clips and thought for a second, should I paint my
car to match?  Then I had another Guinness and came to my senses.  I put the
alien looking clips in the spare parts box and used the existing clips on the
car.  They worked fine.

BTW, that pipe set is very easy to work with, and I found all the pipes were
the correct length.  I was very pleased with the results.  I had a bugger of
a time getting the pipe to seat straight into the MC, but that was because of
my inexperience.  I didn't want to tighten it too much and strip the fitting.
 And that was about the easiest fitting to reach.

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget