Re: Easy way to adjust valves alone

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Easy way to adjust valves alone
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 15:07:39 -0500
That was always my experience. Push the damn thing - they don't weigh that
much.

Just remember to push in the normal direction of travel (forwards in 4th).
Don't know how difference it actually makes, but that timing chain will give
a little and make the valves open at a slightly different point than if the
engine is turning the wrong way.

Like I said - not sure how much difference it makes. But on a close
clearance engine they might, MIGHT, interfere with the piston.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 11/22/00 1:52 PM, "paul.hunt1@virgin.net"
<paul.hunt1@virgin.net> made the profound statement:

> Whir-whir - damn, just past the 'rule of nine' point.  Whir-whir - damn,
> just past the 'rule of nine' point.  Whir-whir - damn, just past the 'rule
> of nine' point...

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up