Re: I bought it!

To: porsche.com@home.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I bought it!
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:53:50 EST
In a message dated 11/28/00 1:30:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
porsche.com@home.com writes:

> It's a 1978 MGB...*just* repainted the original Brooklands Green...and
> getting a new Moss Autumn Leaf interior as we speak.  We pick up the car
> this Saturday (the dealer is about an hour North of us in San Luis
> Obispo).  Gotta be honest here...I'm a little nervous contemplating
> driving the *beast* even an hour on the Freeway.  Definitely "slow-lane"
> stuff here.   So....here's the first of, and I promise, no less than a
> hundred questions...since the car does not have overdrive, any
> recommendation on RPM limits?
>
> And the worst part of it is...my office is 5 minutes from Moss Motors
> home office...I was over there this Noon buying floormats, MGB license
> plate brackets and a new shift knob (wanted one with the shift pattern
> on it, but Moss says no such animal).

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Congratulations!  That didn't take long.  Good luck and many happy
years of LBCing.

A few notes, buy a map and find a longer, twisty route to get the car
home, preferably on a two lane road WITHOUT a double yellow line
down the middle.  Get to know the car.  The freeway is not the place
to have fun.

Keep the RPMs below the red part of the tach.  (At least most of
the time.)  BTW, check the oil level before you leave the dealer.
A switch to full synthetic oil in the near future is a good thing.

Here is the shift pattern, which you may print, cut out, and tape on
the shifter:   (H)   If you need reverse, you are driving it wrong.

Keep on posting!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget