Contemplating purchase of 196x B-GT

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Contemplating purchase of 196x B-GT
From: "John Wightman" <johnwightman@home.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 16:59:44 -0800
Hi,

I'm new to the list (be nice to me!), and am currently considering the
purchase of a 1968 B-GT that has been totally stripped to bare metal. It's
obviously a huge project, but while I'm new to MG's, I'm fairly experienced
with other cars so I'm not daunted (yet!). At any rate, on to my question -
the driver's side frame member has a fairly significant wrinkle in it where
it curves down at the bottom of the firewall. The owner (who appears to be a
trustworthy fellow) assures me that he has had the frame checked out and it
is straight, however I'm still a little concerned. Does anyone have any
experience with this sort of thing, and any advice on purchasing such a
vehicle? FYI - the car is very reasonably priced, due to the number of
panels that have dings. The dinged body panels don't worry me too much as I
would replace/mend them as necessary.

Thanks for any replies.

John Wightman,
Victoria BC