Re: Questions on rebuilding lever type shocks

To: <KD6BGO@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Questions on rebuilding lever type shocks
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 07:36:31 -0600
Welcome Mike,
     This is one job that is recommended that you use a rebuilder for.  Send
your old ones in for a core(do not disassemble them, they need to be
complete) The cost varies a little.  Check your British car mags.  White
Post and Apple Hydraulics are two companies that come to mind.
You can usually get a club discount.  The new valves can be used another
time or maybe sell them. Not to discourage you but sometimes even the new
ones leak and you have to repeat this all over again. The quality control in
this area is extremely poor.
    I'm sure your dyeing to tare these things apart because it looks like a
job that could be easily accomplished.  You can use the time spent here
trying to figure out whether to have your king pins reamed and bushed
yourself or just buy a complete set already complete and ready to install
and that of course is another story.  Let us know how things progress.
Mark