Re: Rear Wheel Cylinders and more (Kind of long)

To: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>,
Subject: Re: Rear Wheel Cylinders and more (Kind of long)
From: "David Hill" <Davhill@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 21:36:03 -0000
Hi, Ken,

I found that brake bleeding on Rex ('72 BGT) was also a pig. I pumped litres
of fluid through but couldn't get rid of the last bit of pumping up in the
pedal.
I tried all the tricks-lock the rear adjusters, tap the brake pipes, use an
Eezibleed, etc. In the end, it turned out that the only solution was time.
It appears that continued bleeidng simply areates the fluid more.
So, I bled the system, left it overnight, bled it again and finally bled it
for a third time the next day. Result-rock hard brakes.
I wonder if this might be a characteristic of modern fluids. Other Bs I've
worked on didn't need more than two bleeds.

BTW, I use a big valve spring compressor to fit rear cylinder E-Clips.
Works.
Good Luck,

Dave H.

Can I Telework for you? See what I do, at...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html
Troubled by a phobia? Know someone who has one? Go to...
http://www.psychomotor.co.uk