Re: Took the Plunge!

Subject: Re: Took the Plunge!
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 21:53:49 +0000
Richard Spurling wrote:

> > Thank god.  Those stump-tail B's without a boot look ugly and handle
> > even worse.  Besides, without the boot where would you carry all
> > those vital spares and your beer?
>
> I prescribe many friday nights at the club, preferably as close to the
> bar as possible, long chats with Baz, and a seriously hot rebuild of
> your MG's motor.

Sorry for stealing your thread, Steve and Bonnie.  Go for it and enjoy
your beast.  Before too long you will be hunting down problems and
things to improve/fix on your little car just so you can share them with
the list!

See, I went and wore out my poor little engine just so I could join in
the 're-build' thread.

Oooops, I have actually decided NOT to rebuild but to replace.

I have ordered by 'new' engine to spec and my hardest bit will simply be
pulling the old one out myself to save a few bucks.  I am far too new at
this game to trust myself to build the type of engine I want to risk my
life and reputation on running around the track ;-)  I will probably
keep the old one to play with so I can be a little more involved next
time... always good to have a 'spare' anyway ;-)

Oh yeah, Richard... in case anyone from the Club asks... I am getting my
new engine built to spec AS STOCK, STANDARD!  Just like all the other
guys!

Eric
'68MGB MkII