Re: Winter Oil -No lbc content

To: <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Winter Oil -No lbc content
From: "Edwin McCarroll" <emccarroll@mco.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2000 15:25:44 -0500
Reminds me of something I read about re. how mystified the Germans were on the
Russian Front to see so many Russian planes airborn during the bitterest cold
days when the German planes were so difficult to start.   Later it was revealed
that the Russians used to add some gasoline (aircraft fuel) to the engine so it
would attain enough cranking speed to start.   As the engines warmed to temp.,
the gasoline would evaporate.   I'm sure the engines had a shortened life
ultimately, but any port in a storm.    Anybody in Northern Canada or North
Dakota like to try this and tell us how it worked?