Wheel offset..no LBC content

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheel offset..no LBC content
From: "M. Edwin Vaughan" <edvaughan@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 14:49:01 -0600
Hello folks,

Sorry to ask a question that doesn't relate to LBCs, but at least it is
car related and the list is full of knowledgeable folks, so I thought I
would ask ya'll first. I bought a Nissan truck recently and it came with
a space saver spare. I am interested in replacing it with a full size
tire. My truck came with alloy wheels, but a lower end model has steel
wheels shod with the same size tire as the alloy. However, the offset for
the Alloys is 1.38" (35mm) and for the steel wheel it is 1.18" (30mm). Is
this difference in offset enough to be concerned about? Of course, as a
spare it would only see limited use (hopefully!).

Thanks in advance,

Edwin
'77 MGB
'00 Nissan Frontier XE

"I'm tryin' to think but nuthin' happens."
-- Curly Howard (the stooge)

Check out The MG Filling Station at:
http://members.fortunecity.com/mowogmg