In A Quest For Heat

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: In A Quest For Heat
From: "Larry Cogan" <woodrat@spacey.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 07:33:17 -0500
I am having "issues" with the heater system in my MGA coupe.  (Its a
coupe....it should be warm, right?)  The heater core is clear.
However, the heater control valve seems to only pass a miniscule flow.
The question is....how does one remove the *#@* lower (7/16") bolt on
the valve?  Looks like as a minimum, the big oil line from the filter
housing has to go away, as well as the distributor, perhaps?  Jeesh,
why didn't they stay with a hand petcock at  the rear of the head.
Another niggling lil question....the control valve is really
regulating the "return" of the coolant to the block, i.e., it is
"downstream" from the heater core, right?   Regards, Larry