Re: E-Type in Reading PA?

To: "Bill Holt" <lbcholt@one.net>, <Tomsaudi@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: E-Type in Reading PA?
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:52:03 -0500
Things that the market discounts that might help explain the
Etype's 12K dealer asking price.

Series II Etypes(69-71)  with only 230 emission laden HP are less
desirable than I or III.
Coupes are less desirable than roadsters.
2+2 coupes are even less desirable.
Automatics are never desirable.
Condition 3 or worse.
Rust.

However, an automatic 2+2 series II coupe (maybe with A/C) in nice
mechanical and low or no rust condition is a cheap way to get into
an Etype. It's a bit of an anomaly (kinda like the ugly duckling
thing). OTOH it can look very good to the beholder and it can be
defended as family and creature comfort functional - ie the almost
4 place long legged tourer as opposed to the go fast sleek
sportscar.

When I had a driver coupe, I often went grocery shopping with it.
Can't do that as well with a concours roadster.

Mike L
60A,67E,59Bug