25D4 advance springs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 25D4 advance springs
From: ValveCurtain@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:22:36 EST
Hi Gang,
   I seem to remember a thread about this so forgive
me if I'm draging out old laundry.  The 25D4 distributor
in my '70 B-GT has two different sized springs on the
advance weights.  One is stiff, presumably to set the
advance at the highest RPM and the other is quite small,
again presumably to set the advance on the slow end
of the rpm spectrum.  Yet, when I go to the Moss or
VB catalogs, they list only one spring type for both
sides.
   What are your observations?  My E-type used the
same distributor, in a 6-cyl varient, and had equel
sized springs; both of which were less-beefy than the
larger spring in the 25D4.

Rick