RE: Brake Calipers Binding, Q2

To: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brake Calipers Binding, Q2
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 12:20:40 -0600
Frank,
         Simple test. When the calipers are binding, open a bleed screw, if
they relax, then you know that the problem is before the caliper, ie. hose,
etc. on back to the master. You can further test going toward the master by
cracking open fittings at various places.
         If they do not relax upon opening the bleeder, then I would
suspect the rebuild. Corroded pistons, etc. Did you end up getting the
missing plug issue corrected?
         Good luck    Peter C
-