Re: MGB Carpets & Seats

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Carpets & Seats
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 10:41:14 -0800
I assume the wooden spacer bars are to lift the seat track slightly to
keep it from jamming in the carpet pile. I don't know what the round
spacers are that you mention.

My one recommendation for the carpet is not to glue it down to horizontal
surfaces. Use the original snaps for the floor carpet, and the shelf of
course. You kind of have to glue it to the rockers, and the wheel arches,
but I installed snaps on the tunnel. This is almost essential on a Mk. 1
which has the tunnel cover access, but still useful for the inevitable
it-rained-on-the-tonneau-and-dripped-through-the-zipper-soaking-the-tunnel-
carpet situation.

Ken Waringa had this to say:

--

Max Heim