RE: [Tube Axle hub nut socket] - Tools - 1970 MGB -- the

To: larryhoy@prodigy.net
Subject: RE: [Tube Axle hub nut socket] - Tools - 1970 MGB -- the
From: matttrebelhorn@netscape.net (Matthew Trebelhorn)
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:56:40 -0500
Well, the specs for the Snap-on say it's 1.75", and I measure it as such; it
doesn't fit.

A little bit of research later, I realize that it's not my measuring that's
at fault; it's an earlier case of brain fade.  I just cross-checked part
numbers and realized that I've got a set of new hubs for a banjo axle!

Problem solved, it seems.  Sorry to trouble everyone, and thanks for all the
helpful suggestions/offers.

Now, if you'll all excuse me, I have to go spend a few minutes kicking
myself...

Matt

"Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net> wrote:

> OK Matt, here's what I know, my SK #40142 socket measures 1.816" and it
fits in the hub.  It could be that a new one is larger, but
> I doubt it.  My socket is only about 3-4 years old.  I have a Craftsman
too, it measures 1.876" it does not fit.

> I just measured the ID of a hub, 1.875"; your measurement was 1.6875, I
think your measurement is wrong.  Of course it could be that

http://pages.prodigy.net/larryhoy/MGTechSocket.htm

> Another lister once mentioned a 4X4 hub socket.  You may have seen them,
they are a pressed sheet metal socket.  I have no knowledge