Re: Steering Rack Leak

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Steering Rack Leak
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 10:10:17 -0800
Hmm, this is a new one on me. You mean it is leaking around the edges of the
oblong cover plate that you remove to fill it? This is odd since the oil
level is much lower than this (unless you overfilled it by a large margin),
and there really isn't any internal pressure. How much oil did you put in
there? I would unfasten the large end of one of the boots and let a little
oil drain out, then tighten the bolts on the cover. Did you remember to
replace the cover gasket? There really isn't any "seal" AFAIK.

Max

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149