RE: Steering Rack Leak

To: "'Max Heim'" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Steering Rack Leak
From: "Phillips, Frank" <fwp@ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 13:21:26 -0500
Max,

The rack leak at the point the pinion shaft enters the rack, on top and
behind the cover plate. According to both the MOSS catalog and Haynes manual
there is an oil seal fitted at the point the shaft enters the rack. As the
wheel is turned and the oil pumped from side to side it leaks. I do not
think I over filled the rack to cause this. Its been several weeks so I do
not remember how much I put in, I'll check the bottle and see.

Frank