Re: new masters/sugg

To: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Subject: Re: new masters/sugg
From: Pointparty@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 19:49:59 EST
I recently had clutch failure on my 71B GT . I replaced both slave and master
since  based on past experience and the advice of pros,  if one is bad, the
other is getting ready to die.

The slave cyl was relativly simple to rebuild as it is easy to access if you
can get under the car and is accessable and the kit is cheap.  I figure if
the repair does not work, I can easily replace with a new mail order part.

The clutch master, on the other hand, is a time consuming and tedious task to
remove and replace properly and I was not convinced totally that an amateur
rebuild would fix for sure.  So for just under $100 i could order a new
clutch cyl, and avoid messing around with all those little parts twice.

happy new year....mel