Re: Undercoating

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Subject: Re: Undercoating
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 14:39:11 -0800
I'll second the wax based undercoatings.  These also self seal if broken
by road grit and flow into crevices better.

Remember though that the floor pans rust from the top.  I've stripped
mine and painted them with POR 15.  It tends to flake off under the
accelerator pedal due to the exhaust heat, so I touch it up every year.
So far, so good after five years.  My restorations below will get the
Eastwood Corroless treatment for comparison.

Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending OPM):
'72 MGB GT (Daughter's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT