Re: Newbie help in Washington

To: "Doug" <dprather@centurytel.net>, "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Newbie help in Washington
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 19:40:50 -0600
Welcome Doug,
     If you want a long project buy the books, read them, take a welding
course, and go to town.
If you want a great driving, fun to tinker on car," soon," then find
somebody in your area that has done the rocker panels and floors etc. in a B
before and let them do it. There will be plenty of other stuff that will
need to be done that you will probably enjoy more than the welding aspect.
The alignment of all body panels is critical and is easily messed up.
    When somebodyelse is doing the body you can be doing other rebuilds on
other areas that will undoubtedly need to be done eventually.
    You can do everything yourself but count on 2 to 5 years (that is
relevant to your life style)to have the car ready for the road.
This is not to discourage you but this has been my personal plan since 1975
and I still don't do my own welding.  After reading the books and watching
other guys do the job I decided to leave that up to the avid welders that
really enjoy doing it and it usually shows in the finished product.
    My 2 cents sir,  hope you enjoy your life with your B.  It will become
a big part of your life.

Enjoy,   Mark