Re: Carbon Cannister

To: kcmgb@kc.rr.com
Subject: Re: Carbon Cannister
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:05:56 -0500
  The charcoal cannister probably overflowed as it did because the vent
line back to the fuel separator in the boot or the line from separator to
tank was plugged.  It can get an amazing rust/gas/dust sludge in the line
that effectively keeps it from venting the tank properly as the gasoline
in the tank expands with air temp and the heat from exhaust pipe warming
the tank.  Just clear the vent line (best solution) or cut a notch in the
rubber gasket to make the cap vent (a DPO solution)
Bob