BMIHT Certificate arrived

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: BMIHT Certificate arrived
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:29:15 -0600
Hi Gang,
   For those of you who enjoy the numbers and data, the
BMIHT Certificate for my '70 B-GT arrived yesterday.
Here's the data -- and a few comments.

1970 MGB-GT

Car/chassis number: G-HD5-UA/191047-G
Engine number: 18GH-WE-H/20706
Body number: 513155
Specification: LHD, North American Export
Colour, exterior: Primrose Yellow
           trim: Black
           hood (top): Not applicable
Date(s) built: 11-12 November 1969
Date dispatched: 20 November 1969
Destination (dealer): Personal Export Delivery for the U.S.A.

Other Numbers
   Commission number: G23D/019175-Z
   Gearbox: 9201
   Steering lock and key numbers: included but omitted here, duh!

Details of equipment
   Wire wheels
   Heater
   Cigar lighter
   Ashtray
   SP Radial tyres

   I didn't have the engine number as the plate had been removed.
My interior is currently Autumn Leaf, not black.  Of interest is
that my car has overdrive.  This is NOT an option listed in
their "Details of equipment" although I told BMIHT that the car
currently has O/D.  This implies that the O/D is not original.

Also of interest is the "Destination (dealer)" entry.  Does this
mean that the car was special ordered by a US resident
rather than purchased through a dealership?  Is there any way,
perhaps through the DMV of our states, to trace the ownership
history of this (or any) car?

Best,

Rick Lindsay
too many cars