Re: Rear Axle Revisit

To: "Joe Short" <buster_balz@operamail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Axle Revisit
From: "Larry" <larry@larryembrey.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 11:08:50 -0800
Yes I do know all about being stuck  heh, don't ask how.....  Unfortunately,
I could not rotate the axle a full revolution, as it would start spinning
the entire housing with it after about 1/2 a turn, that is why I locked the
opposite brake and tried rotating the diveline input to negate the housing
rotation while forcing that axle to be the one to move..  Didn't work. :-(

Honestly I am hoping it is just bearings also.  I see no external signes of
"trauma" to the diff.  I was low on oil, but everything was covered in it.
Nice and black yuck!  There are a bunch of bearings in the housing, I think
I will likely just get it apart and if the axle is not bent, I will buy one
of the full axle rebuilt kits.  $140 (ouch) but then everything is new...

I just was hoping maybe it was common for one side to be that tight, but
should have known better...

Larry