RE: The MG Story on Speedvision

To: "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: The MG Story on Speedvision
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 06:43:21 -0600
Blake, I didn't see the program on about a month ago.  The one last night
was the MGB Story.  Very interesting, especially the segment about
increasing the horsepower in the mid to late 70s.  MG took an "O" series
engine, fuel injected it and put it in a rubber bumper B.  The output was
about 120 horsepower.  (I don't remember the exact figure they gave.)  MG
sent 6 of these vehicles to the US for opinions.  Evidently they were very
well received.  I guess it was too close to the end for MG to start
producing these cars.  Sure would like to know what happened to the six they
sent though.

Ken