RE: A floor boards

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A floor boards
From: Gordon Bird <gb@the-bdc.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:54:41 -0500
flex.  It appears that it
> is 3/8" thick,
> is this correct?  Recommendations have been to use marine
> grade plywood but

I believe 3/8" to be the correct thickness.  I have just pulled my
floorboards and based upon their condition I would say they are orig
(although they have been removed before).  They are 3/8".  Some use 1/2" but
I believe it is not necessary.
I plan on using marine grade ply for replacements, and on sealing the edges
only.  I found orig felt packing in some places between the frame and
floorboards, but I think I will use something more modern.
HTH

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
62 MGA