Re: SU setup diagram

To: "Calister, Dylan (CCL)" <DCalister@carnival.com>,
Subject: Re: SU setup diagram
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 23:23:45 -0700
I finally got a chance to take a few pictures. Last year, someone else was
trying to figure out what hoses connected where, particularly on the one
float bowl top with three hose fittings. I ended up describing to him where
they went in a private email.

I took pictures of the SU setup on both my 71 MGBGT and my 67 MGBGT. They
can be seen at:
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/mg/su_setup.html

Dylan had asked for the setup even though he was having an overflow
condition, most likely due to bad float valve needle/jet or excess fuel
pressure. However, since he asked about the setup, it seemed prudent that
he verify that the fuel lines were connected to the right places. Kelvin
indicates that if the fuel lines were connected to the overflow pipes
instead of the inlet pipes, he could have these symptoms. Well, I haven't
tried it but it sounds plausible.

David