Re: Problem: Slooow Wipers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Problem: Slooow Wipers
From: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 03:01:02 -0000
Hi Paul,

Actually I think you hit on the cause.  The first owner had the car up until
two years ago.  At that time part of the ignition went bad and rather then
replace it he bodger'd in a push-button starter, (sorta like my TD, you turn
the key to charge it, and then hit the button: I'm told this is how an MGA
works too).  The second owner never bothered to change it, as he didn't see
what the problem was and he claims he never drove it in the rain.

In any event, I had planned on putting in a new ignition next month, but it
seems that now is the time to get on with it.

Thanks for the great advice,

Scott