Re: Dead Dash

To: scottinarl@hotmail.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dead Dash
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:04:00 EST
In a message dated 1/22/01 10:37:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
scottinarl@hotmail.com writes:

> Fire her up to get to work this AM, (temp has risen to the 20's) and the
> heater switch, water temp gauge and tach aren't working.  Checked all the
> fuses and they're all intact, and everything else works.
>
> Find it hard to believe they'd all stop working at the same time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

I had the exact same thing happen last year in my '77 Midget.  (Except my
temp gauge doesn't work, but the wipers also stopped.)  I checked all the
fuses and they were all good.  Then I touched one fuse, and everything came
back on.  The fuse was good but the ends were corroded.  Check to see if
everything that quit is on the same circuit, and if so, I would suspect the
fuse block or a connector on the fuse block.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport