MGA steering wheel

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA steering wheel
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 13:23:08 -0700
I've been messing around with my steering wheel options for my MGA.  The car
came with a "modern" steering wheel installed, and what
I thought was a stock MGA steering wheel, but ...

The "stock" wheel appears to be from an MGB?  Three spokes, 16.5"OD, and about
a 5/8" dia spline.

The "modern" steering wheel is three slotted spokes, leather wrapped, 14"OD and
about a 3/4" dia spline.

Check the following URL for pictures:

http://pages.prodigy.net/larryhoy/MGASteeringWheel.htm

Is the stock MGA (1960 1600) fitted with a steering column that has a 3/4"
spline?

Does anyone out there have a good MGA steering wheel they want to get rid of?

Larry Hoy