canvas & top questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: canvas & top questions
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 14:08:42 -0500 (EST)
Tell you what...in the middle of our winter, a top down ride is just the
thing to raise one's blood from SAD and hibernation effects.

But then the rain's came and I had to raise the top. Is claustrophobia a
common experience?  And I am only 5'8".

I found the canvas tension to have increased from the last time I raised
the top as if the canvas shrunk. (I didn't buy a B to ride around with the
top up so it's been awhile.) I could barely stretch the top to the
windshield latches - but could. Snap the snaps...forget it.

So here's my, by now obvious, question:  is it possible to stretch canvas?
How does one do it if so...

And I found out just what a difference new windshield wipers
made!

Bill
'76B

 Bill Saidel          (856) 225-6336
Dept. of Biology      (856) 225-6312 FAX
Science Building      E-Mail: saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
Rutgers University
315 Penn Street
Camden, NJ 08102-1411
USA
For more information about my science, check
      http://crab.rutgers.edu/~saidel/saidel.html

"Sacred cows make divine hamburgers."