Coolant screw ups...was Re: [Fwd: Good Coolant Discussion

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Coolant screw ups...was Re: [Fwd: Good Coolant Discussion
From: "Dan Ray" <dray2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 21:40:09 -0500
On that note, that reminds me of a major faux pas I inflicted on my B last
month -- thought I'd share for other not-so-experienced people to log into
their memory banks.
CAREFUL when you set up your car with a high water/Water Wetter to Coolant
ratio if you live in an area that gets cold! Obviously, this is not a
problem for those of you who are conscientious about winter-prepping your
MGs.
Works great in the summer time, but I made the mistake of firing up the B to
put her on the trailer for my move to Kansas -- the temp was about 10
degrees or so in KY that day and it had been real cold for a while.
Kaflooey...the old rad had frozen, and blew a seam trying to push liquid
into solid. Big bummer.
So...watch your set up and reintroduce some anti-freeze when the weather
gets cold, folks!
The Water Wetter does work, though, and I now have a garage to protect my
baby.
Guess I'll be looking on Ebay for a good rad soon. ;)
Dan
73B