Lift-a-dot

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lift-a-dot
From: =?iso-8859-8-i?Q?=EE=F8=E8=E9=EF_=F8=E5=E2=E5=E1=E9=EF?=
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 11:09:14 +0200
I am working on putting a new top on my 70 roadster.
THe DDDDPO filled all the lift-a-dot post holes with bondo before painting.

I have managed to find and punch out the four holes  for the tongue plate
(just behind the doors),
the four holes for the two clips for the rear bar, and the first and third
of the four holes for the posts. holes (first being the closest to the door,
fourth being the closest to the rear.)

Also, there seems to be an extra hole just behind the four for the tongue
plate which I have not punced out, as it doesn't seem to match anything on
my new top.  A snap perhaps?

I cant seem to find the second & fourth holes (on either side), or punch
them out from underneath.

So here is what I need:
Somebody go out to their car and check where these holes/pins are:
the second pin (as measured distance between the first and third posts, +
offset from a dtraight line between them, or alternatively the distance from
each so that I can use a compass to pinpoint the hole)
the fourth pin (as measured distance between the third post and the front
hole for the rear bar clip, measured the same way as above)

metric measurements preferred but not necessary (I can multiply, as long as
I have some electric assistance)

You can reply off-list to rmartin@yedtech.co.il
I will post the final answer to the list afterwards, if anyone is
interested.

Thanks,
Martin.
One of only 4 b's in Tel Aviv . .  .