RE: Friday meeting at 12- 3 pm

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>,
Subject: RE: Friday meeting at 12- 3 pm
From: Bob Shaw <shaws@mlcltd.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 21:15:23 -0600
At 8:05 PM -0600 2/7/01, Barney Gaylord wrote:
>At 06:06 PM 2/7/2001 -0700, Larry Hoy wrote:
>>Is this another "Barney's big adventure?"  How about Cheyenne Wyoming, you
>can take I-80 out ... darn, does it have to be Friday?
>>I've already got an appointment booked for Friday.
>
>Oh, crap!  And I already had the suitcase and the trailer packed.  I don't
>think I want to drive all the way from Chicago to Whidbey alone.  I was
>really counting on that caravan after Denver.  <8^(
>     http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/pic89/pikes.htm
>
>>Maybe we could:
>>
>>Meet in Sebring in March, thinkn' about driving the V8 out there for the
>MGB V8 meet... http://mgbv8.com/convention_page.htm
>
>Getting late in the school year.  Wouldn't want to pull Elliot out of
>school then.  Besides, I remember Florida.
>     http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/grapes/index.htm
>
>>Or, Pueblo in May for some road racing ...
>http://www.rmvr.com/schedule/sch2001.htm
>
>Hey, great way to kick off British Car Week.  Unfortunately also too close
>to the end of the school year.  Pick a date during summer vacation.  I've
>been meaning to spend a week or two in Colorado sometime.  Seem to heep
>pasing through east to west, west to east, north to south, etc, but never
>got to stop for mote then a day or two.
>     http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/members/barneymg/ak/pic10/10-25.htm
>
>>Or, Grand Junction in June a little rallying ...
>http://mgcc.org/Glenwood2k/Glenwdmain.html
>
>I don't see this one on their calendar for this year (yet).  Getting real
>close to the heart here though.  One of my favorite haunts.
>     http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/pic89/logrd.htm
>
>>Or, Maui in June, no lets forget that one, I'd get shot if we did any "car
>things" there ...
>
>I've been to Maui in the summer, would do it again too.  Only one problem
>there.  I can't find the access road from Los Angeles, and the last time I
>tried it from San Diego I ended up in Tijuana.
>     http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/pic89/tjmx.htm
>
>>Or, Road America in September, more racing, this one is in your backyard
>Barney ... http://www.roadamerica.com/
>
>Uh, why September?  Our club thinks the BRIC races in July (formerly the
>Chicago Historics) are just the ticket for a club outing and camping for
>the weekend.
>     http://www.chicagolandmgclub.com/photos/roadam00
>
>>Or, Albuquerque in October, yet another race ...
>
>Now he's back into the school year again.
>
>I have another suggestion.  How about meeting in Halifax, Nova Scotia, for
>a ferry ride and tour of Newfoundland, say late June?  Andy Proudfoot has
>been bugging me to drop by for a beer for some time now, and that's one
>part of the Amreicas I haven't seen much of (yet).  Dang.  Wasn't it about
>this time of year we were talking about Alaska in 1997?
>     http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/mg11.htm
>
>I think we're getting just a little off topic here.
>
>Barney Gaylord
>1958 MGA with an attitude
>     http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg

Well, some of the Flatwater (Nebraska) bunch are thinking of taking a
little run across Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan and Canada to see
the falls. You would be welcome to come east from Colorado and north
from Chicago to join up.
--
Bob Shaw
Check out Shaw's Garage at http://www.mlcltd.com/shawsgarage/