MGA buying guide?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA buying guide?
From: Nory3@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 22:17:00 -0500 (EST)
Thanks to all who responded to my question about what price range to
expect for that MGA I heard about.  Now I'm wondering what I should look
for, look out for, carefully inspect, or run away (quickly) from.  What
does one look for in an MGA (it's a '57 or '58) that's been sitting in a
garage for quite some time?  I know to expect all rubber parts to be
deteriorated by now, but what else should I be aware of?  I really don't
know much about MGAs, other than that they look nice.

As before, since I'm on the digest, I'd appreciate responses to my email
address as well as to the list.  Thanks.