Re: Alternator

To: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>,
Subject: Re: Alternator
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 10:14:10 -0000
1000rpm is a little on the low side for diagnosis.  If the voltage remains
much the same at 1500+ then, with the dull light, particularly if it gets
brighter as the electrical load increases, sounds like the diode pack.
Think it should only be 1/2" deflection.  Check the top hose carefully where
the belt passes it at an angle, if the belt whips it can cut the hose (BT,
DT).

PaulH.