Re: Tall Guy and MGB

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tall Guy and MGB
From: "Erich" <erich@mail.NGBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:34:58 -0500
From: AGreenberg@aol.com

>Hey Group,

<snip>
>One thing I was thinking of was a modification to the seat frame so it will
>angle back more.  An other idea that a nutty friend with a MIG setup had was
>to lower the floor!
>Are there any ideas or experiences out there that might be applicable?
>
>Thank you much!
>
>Alex

I am 6'4" and found that after replacing the seat foam and diaphram my head
will hit the top frame. Someone suggested replacing the wooden shims with ones
that are trimmed so that the wood is thicker up front. That way you can adjust
the shims to get a good pitch wothout cutting up the seat frame. I don't know
if it will help at 6"7", but maybe worth a try.

Erich -1980 MGB Brooklands Gree.
      -1970 Norton Commando "S" - soon to be "Fireflake Red"