Re: 3 Main

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 3 Main
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2001 16:52:34 EST
In a message dated 23/02/01 9:57:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> So if you great MGB gurus could give some 3main advice, I'd appreciate it.

The 3 main engines are excellent - slightly more power than the 5 main, and
able to rev to higher levels than the unmodified 5 main can.

The crank is by nature a little more flexible, so if you race them (I have
seen a 3 main last a 7 hour enduro at full chat with no trouble) you will use
up bearings a little quicker, and the life of the crank won't be quite what
you can get from the 5 main.

Otherwise, a sweet engine.

Bill S.
(TVR race car with 3 main MGB)